Author Topic: Fallout Thoughts Thread  (Read 8022 times)

Offline Robert

• NYWC Message Board
Fallout Thoughts Thread
« on: October 11, 2009, 12:37:57 AM »
What a kick ass show this was! BSE vs. Ivan/Vegas was a really good opener and when did Ivan go face? Zemis/Gio did pretty good and I don't know what that move Zemis used to put away Gio with, but it got him the win. The WSU spirit title did good and I'm impressed with Becky as a wrestler. Benny/Vince surprised me as I expected Vince to get back on the winning track but the returning EC Negro prevented that from happening. Walker/Javi had a great match and I wonder where was Dover tonight. The tag team title was one of the wildest & craziest matches in ACE history and I'm so glad the Saints are the tag champs again. I can also say that J2J have earned my respect. They just have to tone down on throwing the powder. Hardway/Wyeth had a good match and we've got a new stable in ACE in The Fallen. R8D X/Sensations did pretty good in their match. I sure hope we'll see more of both teams. Donovan/Lethal was a real cool surprise and with the way Lethal put over Donovan I must say that Donovan has arrived and he will be heavyweight champion. The heavyweight title was another stifffest between Maff & Bruno. I'm wondering how Bruno ended up bleeding in that match. Jerry/Mo had a great match despite the crowd being possibly burnt out/dead for that one.

Personal Notes
It was nice seeing JCGurl22, hector316, Jim Boy Star, & lonewolfsuarez.

What's that song Crazy Ivan comes out to?

NYWC's own John Curse was in attendance.

As was many ACE wrestlers past & present.

I liked the outfit Cherry had on.

Sign Of The Night "Wario Sucks Lemons & Big Twigs"

2 wardrobe malfunctions occured in the R8D X/MS match.

I had to get out of my seat during Maff/Bruno

2 ladies in the front row were starting to have a little chopfest during that match.

To unioncitycrew who couldn't make it, definitely but the DVD.

If Hardway wasn't a wrestler, he probably could've made a great quarterback as evidenced by throwing chairs at The Fallen.

My 2 fellow NYWC-ites enjoyed the show. 
"We are the outcasts. We are the rejected. We are The Fallen."- William Wyeth after he, Jose Luis Rivera, & Saints Of Brutality beat down "Hollywood" Joe Hardway ACE Pro Wrestling Fallout October 10, 2009

Offline unioncitycrew

Re: Fallout Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 01:24:36 AM »
Robert,
          Sorry I couldnt make it because of a party I had to attend late this afternoon that didnt end until approx. 9:30 pm. I was so looking forward to this show especially and had to miss it!

Very surprised to hear of the new group in ACE "The Fallen". Got to say, thats a bunch of some of the ugliest guys in wrestling history! lol Saints of Brutality, Wyeth and Jose Rivera! damn, thats nasty. Who is the leader? Let me guess, Wyeth?

ACE should have a match between the Fallen vs Hardway, Donovan, Vegas & Ivan in an elimination style bout. Bring back Hollywood as a face group this time around.

Surprised to hear that Lethal wrestled Donovan. That must have been a good 1 to see. Ill definitely be buying this dvd when it becomes available.
"Mr. Hot Topic" :)

Offline Robert

• NYWC Message Board
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 01:34:54 AM »
One thing I didn't point out earlier is that Bandido Jr wasn't there to defend the diamond divsion title and yes ucc, Wyeth is the leader of The Fallen. It'll be interesting to see if Hardway gets some help dealing with them. Also, the show kind of ended a little later than usual. Maybe I'm alone on that.
"We are the outcasts. We are the rejected. We are The Fallen."- William Wyeth after he, Jose Luis Rivera, & Saints Of Brutality beat down "Hollywood" Joe Hardway ACE Pro Wrestling Fallout October 10, 2009

Offline doinktheclown

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 12:19:34 PM »
this show was the wildest of the year . New tag champions in the saints of brutality. I cant wait for the dvd .
Does anyone know what was in the midnight sensations silver box?
Then it's on to the next one-R8D X

Offline albarn

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 07:40:39 PM »
this show was the wildest of the year . New tag champions in the saints of brutality. I cant wait for the dvd .

and where's colission course dvd, now that you mention it?

Offline Robert

• NYWC Message Board
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 08:00:10 PM »
The Collision Course DVD is now available.

Offline ACE Press Room

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 08:08:03 PM »

and where's colission course dvd, now that you mention it?

As Robert mentioned, the Collision Course DVD is available.  The links will be put up on the website sometime later tonight or early tomorrow.

Offline Robert

• NYWC Message Board
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 12:26:26 AM »
Sorry for locking the topic everyone.

Offline Jon Harder

• Jon Harder's Facebook Fan Page
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 01:24:15 AM »
I am going to put the second half of ACE Fallout as the most important part of any ACE show this year. And that's saying something. Just WAIT for the DVD.

Offline Uncle Meat

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 04:04:58 AM »
Robert,

Are you sure we were watching the same show?  While the show as a whole was probably a C+/B- (at best), I'd hardly call it kick ass.

BS Express vs. Vegas & Ivan was OK as far as openers go.  My problem with this match was the finish.  How is it that you have someone rolled up, the refs back is turned for what seemed like at least 20-30 seconds, then you turn around and still get the pin while STILL having your opponent rolled up.  Bad finish to what had the potential to be a good match.

Zemis vs. Gio didn't totally impress me.  Black Zemis, I like and was impressed with him.  Gio, not so much.  This gimmick isn't working either (I swear he thinks he's the Ultimate Warrior).

The WSU Spirit title match was horrid.  I honestly think that none of these women can wrestle well.  Well, that's not entirely true, as I have seen Latasha work before and she is OK.  However, in this match, with the other two women, good can only take you so far.  The match was good for what it was, and that's probably to set up something with Brittney and Alicia, as they "broke up" as a tag team at the WSU show that was at the ACE Arena last week, and why not have it with a title involved and have that feud mean something even more.

Benny vs. Vince was good.  EC Negro getting involved was better.

Walker vs. Javi-Air was very good.  Just a shame though that Bandido couldn't make it.  I was looking forward to seeing that match up.

Johnson's vs. Saints was sick.  I'm sure there has to be rematch in there somewhere.  Don't know if they'll be able to live up to this one this time though.

Wyeth vs. Hardway was also very good.  Hardway has started to impress me again.  It seems that ever since he dropped the title to Maff back in March, that he's lost a bit of his fire.  I don't want to say that it seemed like he was calling it in, but it just seemed that something wasn't there and he didn't have the motivation to push him.  Now, he's coming back and getting more of a fire again, and it's showing.  Wyeth is Wyeth.  And strangely enough, it's a good thing (if you like the heels).

R8D X vs. Sensations was the match I was waiting for.  To me, this was the runner-up match of the night.  I have always been, and will probably always be, one of the biggest marks for Neeno Capone.  For a man that hasn't even been in a ring in over three years, he showed absolutely no rust.  He and Envy work very well together.  For that matter, all four guys looked very good, and impressed the hell out of the crowd.  I've been in agreement with some recently on my feelings for Sam (formerly Sational) Shields in that I had started to sour on him, but he and Rockwell work well together too.  Things are looking WAY up for the tag team division in ACE.

Donovan vs. Jay Lethal was EASILY match of the night.  And when the year end awards roll around, if this isn't match of the year, then the fix is in.  Both guys brought their A game, and left it all in the ring.  This match wasn't just a matter of Donovan winning, but bringing it to Jay, taking everything Jay had (and then some), and in the end, the proverbial "passing of the torch" from Jay to Donovan.  Donovan has been here since day one, and now Mike Donovan has had his coming out party.  I would urge every single person who might read this who wasn't at the show (even those that were at the show) to buy the DVD and watch this match over and over again.  If anyone was ever soured or turned off by wrestling, this match itself will give you faith all over again.

Bruno vs. Maff then turned me off to wrestling again (guess I DO have to buy the DVD and watch Donovan/Lethal).  And this is not because of anything Bruno did.  I really feel bad for Bruno, as he's been getting his ass handed to him lately, then he has to go through this during his match.  This kid is good.  REALLY good.  And he deserved better.  And had this match ended up without all the bullshit that happened during it, it would have been a great match.  Now then, onto the problem in this match, Dan Maff.  THAT'S RIGHT!!!  I SAID IT!!!  The pattern has been forming here for months (at least on super shows).  We have the standoff, slap/punch-fest, and then everything degenerates in the ring, so let's take it to the outside.  Chairs go everywhere.  Bodies go flying everywhere.  Lately, people get thrown into walls.  And as always, Maff retains.  This time, it got careless.  Granted, the end result (according to the "Injury Notes" thread) was only six stitches, an inch or so the other way, and someone loses an eye.  Period.  There are ways to get yourself over without pulling the same old shit on every show (just ask Neeno Capone or Mike Donovan or even Will Wyeth).  EVERY FUCKING SHOW!!!  Think about it people.  Hell, honestly, I'm not so sure Maff can really wrestle.  And I don't care if I catch a load of shit for saying it.  To add to this, after the match, the EMT jumps in the ring to check on Bruno (as it should be done - I wouldn't have been surprised if she had the match stopped before the end), evaluate the situation and try to do her job, THEN YOU WANT TO CUT A FUCKING PROMO?!?!?  OK.  I'm about to catch more hell, but, DAN MAFF IS AN EGOTISTICAL PIECE OF SHIT!!!  I don't care that he gave Bruno some props.  The kid could have easily lost a fucking eye, the EMT needed to do her work, and he needed to get to a hospital, and the champ wants to cut a promo.  FUCK YOU!!!  Hell, I'll say this, and I'll make it nice and big and bold, so no one can miss what I'm saying...

THE TIME HAS COME TO TAKE THE BELT OFF OF MAFF AND THANK HIM FOR HIS SERVICE AND SEND HIM ON HIS WAY!!!

Sorry Maff, but just when YOU think you've got all the answers, your actions make us change the questions.  Bruno deserved a lot better.  Everyone that's been in the ring with you lately deserved a lot better.  But you just won't give that to them.  Time to go.

Now then, Mo vs. Jerry Lynn was pretty damn good.  The only problem with this match was Dan Maff.  No.  Seriously.  Was anyone that was here for the show 100% into this match with what just happened the match before.  I sure as hell wasn't.  These two deserved better too.  Especially for the match that they actually delivered.

Anyhow, I have no "personal notes" of my own for you Robert.  But I do have a comment or two on yours.  We know it's nice to see people.  You don't always have to call them out on the board.  They're on the board already, and they know who they are.

Crazy Ivan comes out to Breaking Me Down from the band Soil.  It's also been used with him and Pete Nixon (Repeat Offenders).

Who the hell is John Curse and why should I care?  Honestly.  If I ran into him in the street, I'd have no idea who the hell he is.

Some of those ACE wrestlers past & present which Robert didn't mention (that I actually noticed) were KC Blade (of DRS history), Mike Lewis, & Alexa Thatcher.

You liked the outfit Cherry had on, and yet you also notice and point out two wardrobe malfunctions in the R8D X/Midnight Sensations match.  Um, leaving this one alone.

Pretty much everyone had to get out of their seats for Maff/Bruno.  Don't feel so special.

OK.  I've had enough.  Time for me to attempt to remember all my shitting on Mike Sanz, as the tirade I had on him I totally lost when I went to post it the other night.  Hey Sanz, are you scared?

Offline unioncitycrew

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 08:26:05 AM »
Uncle meat really told everyone what he thaught of the show. Honestly about Maff, he is good, but hes been getting a bit boring. I wish Mo or Donovan would take that title from him soon. When are we going to see MAFF VS MO!? Make it happen.

1 other thing, robert and uncle meat mentioned how great J2J vs SOB match was but nobody said anything on why!? I was looking forward to this match, so why was this match so good? Was it hardcore style, technical or what??
"Mr. Hot Topic" :)

Offline doinktheclown

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 10:13:44 AM »
Well it's good people are posting there real thoughts on the show. Overall, I feel the show was really good. I would agree the 2nd half was most valuable.

Although every year we do mention year end rewards,there never is such thing. Except for maybe polls here on the message boards.

Maff made Bruno bring his A game and not for nothing, it wasn't a typical Bruno match. Bruno is known for his hard strikes and matt based style, But Maff brought out a side of Bruno we never seen. This is one of the first times Bruno came off as a underdog and I thought the match went really well.

Maff was able to defeat Joe Hardway months ago to help destroy Hollywood Inc. Now it seems the fans might miss Hollywood Inc?

The tag division is getting better with the two new formations of R8D X & Midnight Sensations. Both teams put on a great match and now the tag division is heating up.

Donovan vs Black Machismo was a classic and Donovan continues to prove that he is where he is with hard work,training and continues to put in the hours to better himself.

As a whole, the show was explosive and really a good time. I notice with the DVD's we get more interviews backstage and clips we don't see on the real show that help further explain things so I look forward to picking that up.

Offline Robert

• NYWC Message Board
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »
Robert,

Are you sure we were watching the same show?  While the show as a whole was probably a C+/B- (at best), I'd hardly call it kick ass.

BS Express vs. Vegas & Ivan was OK as far as openers go.  My problem with this match was the finish.  How is it that you have someone rolled up, the refs back is turned for what seemed like at least 20-30 seconds, then you turn around and still get the pin while STILL having your opponent rolled up.  Bad finish to what had the potential to be a good match.

Zemis vs. Gio didn't totally impress me.  Black Zemis, I like and was impressed with him.  Gio, not so much.  This gimmick isn't working either (I swear he thinks he's the Ultimate Warrior).

The WSU Spirit title match was horrid.  I honestly think that none of these women can wrestle well.  Well, that's not entirely true, as I have seen Latasha work before and she is OK.  However, in this match, with the other two women, good can only take you so far.  The match was good for what it was, and that's probably to set up something with Brittney and Alicia, as they "broke up" as a tag team at the WSU show that was at the ACE Arena last week, and why not have it with a title involved and have that feud mean something even more.

Benny vs. Vince was good.  EC Negro getting involved was better.

Walker vs. Javi-Air was very good.  Just a shame though that Bandido couldn't make it.  I was looking forward to seeing that match up.

Johnson's vs. Saints was sick.  I'm sure there has to be rematch in there somewhere.  Don't know if they'll be able to live up to this one this time though.

Wyeth vs. Hardway was also very good.  Hardway has started to impress me again.  It seems that ever since he dropped the title to Maff back in March, that he's lost a bit of his fire.  I don't want to say that it seemed like he was calling it in, but it just seemed that something wasn't there and he didn't have the motivation to push him.  Now, he's coming back and getting more of a fire again, and it's showing.  Wyeth is Wyeth.  And strangely enough, it's a good thing (if you like the heels).

R8D X vs. Sensations was the match I was waiting for.  To me, this was the runner-up match of the night.  I have always been, and will probably always be, one of the biggest marks for Neeno Capone.  For a man that hasn't even been in a ring in over three years, he showed absolutely no rust.  He and Envy work very well together.  For that matter, all four guys looked very good, and impressed the hell out of the crowd.  I've been in agreement with some recently on my feelings for Sam (formerly Sational) Shields in that I had started to sour on him, but he and Rockwell work well together too.  Things are looking WAY up for the tag team division in ACE.

Donovan vs. Jay Lethal was EASILY match of the night.  And when the year end awards roll around, if this isn't match of the year, then the fix is in.  Both guys brought their A game, and left it all in the ring.  This match wasn't just a matter of Donovan winning, but bringing it to Jay, taking everything Jay had (and then some), and in the end, the proverbial "passing of the torch" from Jay to Donovan.  Donovan has been here since day one, and now Mike Donovan has had his coming out party.  I would urge every single person who might read this who wasn't at the show (even those that were at the show) to buy the DVD and watch this match over and over again.  If anyone was ever soured or turned off by wrestling, this match itself will give you faith all over again.

Bruno vs. Maff then turned me off to wrestling again (guess I DO have to buy the DVD and watch Donovan/Lethal).  And this is not because of anything Bruno did.  I really feel bad for Bruno, as he's been getting his ass handed to him lately, then he has to go through this during his match.  This kid is good.  REALLY good.  And he deserved better.  And had this match ended up without all the bullshit that happened during it, it would have been a great match.  Now then, onto the problem in this match, Dan Maff.  THAT'S RIGHT!!!  I SAID IT!!!  The pattern has been forming here for months (at least on super shows).  We have the standoff, slap/punch-fest, and then everything degenerates in the ring, so let's take it to the outside.  Chairs go everywhere.  Bodies go flying everywhere.  Lately, people get thrown into walls.  And as always, Maff retains.  This time, it got careless.  Granted, the end result (according to the "Injury Notes" thread) was only six stitches, an inch or so the other way, and someone loses an eye.  Period.  There are ways to get yourself over without pulling the same old shit on every show (just ask Neeno Capone or Mike Donovan or even Will Wyeth).  EVERY FUCKING SHOW!!!  Think about it people.  Hell, honestly, I'm not so sure Maff can really wrestle.  And I don't care if I catch a load of shit for saying it.  To add to this, after the match, the EMT jumps in the ring to check on Bruno (as it should be done - I wouldn't have been surprised if she had the match stopped before the end), evaluate the situation and try to do her job, THEN YOU WANT TO CUT A FUCKING PROMO?!?!?  OK.  I'm about to catch more hell, but, DAN MAFF IS AN EGOTISTICAL PIECE OF SHIT!!!  I don't care that he gave Bruno some props.  The kid could have easily lost a fucking eye, the EMT needed to do her work, and he needed to get to a hospital, and the champ wants to cut a promo.  FUCK YOU!!!  Hell, I'll say this, and I'll make it nice and big and bold, so no one can miss what I'm saying...

THE TIME HAS COME TO TAKE THE BELT OFF OF MAFF AND THANK HIM FOR HIS SERVICE AND SEND HIM ON HIS WAY!!!

Sorry Maff, but just when YOU think you've got all the answers, your actions make us change the questions.  Bruno deserved a lot better.  Everyone that's been in the ring with you lately deserved a lot better.  But you just won't give that to them.  Time to go.

Now then, Mo vs. Jerry Lynn was pretty damn good.  The only problem with this match was Dan Maff.  No.  Seriously.  Was anyone that was here for the show 100% into this match with what just happened the match before.  I sure as hell wasn't.  These two deserved better too.  Especially for the match that they actually delivered.

Anyhow, I have no "personal notes" of my own for you Robert.  But I do have a comment or two on yours.  We know it's nice to see people.  You don't always have to call them out on the board.  They're on the board already, and they know who they are.

Crazy Ivan comes out to Breaking Me Down from the band Soil.  It's also been used with him and Pete Nixon (Repeat Offenders).

Who the hell is John Curse and why should I care?  Honestly.  If I ran into him in the street, I'd have no idea who the hell he is.

Some ofdddddd those ACE wrestlers past & present which Robert didn't mention (that I actually noticed) were KC Blade (of DRS history), Mike Lewis, & Alexa Thatcher.

You liked the outfit Cherry had on, and yet you also notice and point out two wardrobe malfunctions in the R8D X/Midnight Sensations match.  Um, leaving this one alone.

Pretty much everyone had to get out of their seats for Maff/Bruno.  Don't feel so special.

OK.  I've had enough.  Time for me to attempt to remember all my shitting on Mike Sanz, as the tirade I had on him I totally lost when I went to post it the other night.  Hey Sanz, are you scared?

You're starting to sound like TLB Uncle Meat. As far as John Curse he is the promoter of NYWC. Among the ACE talent in attendance other than who you mentioned were Wes Draven, Thomas Rodriguez, & Dan Murdoch. Although I mentioned the wardrobe malfunctions, I wasn't getting excited about them. You didn't like Cherry's outfit I guess? Thank you for mentioning Ivan's theme. I also remember it being his theme when he & fellow Repeat Offender Pete Nixon came out to it. You think Maff is an egotistical piece of shit? Pardon me, he missed 3 years of wrestling and he hasn't lost a step. Not just because he holds heavyweight gold in ACE & JAPW either. To answer ucc's question about the tag title, it seemed to turn into a hardcore match without any announcement. Stockade gored Brian after Rivera had interfered and we found out why later when The Fallen were formed. As far as BSE's match, I think the referee screwed up as he was supposed to get over and count sooner. So I mentioned my friends that were there. What's your point Meat? You give the show C+/B-? This was the show of the year!

Offline doinktheclown

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 01:09:50 PM »
Dan Maff has made a bigger impact in indy wrestling in 6 months then some have in 6 years. Holding both the ACE and JAPW world titles. He is a monster and awesome to watch live