Linked Events

• Action Zone Taping: September 13, 2008

Author Topic: ACE Presents...Action Zone (9/13/08)  (Read 11784 times)

Offline xrally

Re: ACE Presents...Action Zone (9/13/08)
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008, 07:43:09 PM »
Smells like politics to me, another day in the office in the world of wrestling.  Wow this is like TMZ around here lately, lol

Offline KingDuke

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 09:58:38 PM »

They have got titles and title shots because THEY ARE BOOKED THAT WAY! Just because you're booked great doesn't make you a better wrestler. If that was the case John Cena & Batista would be the most talented guy WWE has.

Gio is simply lazy in the ring. I can say that I have never seen a Gio match that has stuck out, EVER! Killa S is still very young but and learning but also hard to take serious since he has a babyface. BS Express is certainly ahead of most of the students but again, I'm not so sure they have "the look" they are talented but not as talented as Gate & Steve. Dan Murdoch is just really boring to watch and we all know he's not really from Texas.
[/quote]

Dont get me wrong I like Steve but to call him the best in the class? Are we watching the same matches? How are any of the students booked to be like John Cena & Batista? If you want to go back at the last year or so you have Gio and Thomas as lightheavy weight and web tv champs. Murdoch has had one heavyweight title shot. BS Express had a couple of shots at the title. None of which have had John Cena like pushes.

As far as Killa S not been taken seriously because of his "babyface? You said it yourself hes still young. Hes put on some really good matches and is pretty elusive. Gio not having any matches that stand out. Hes had some really good matches. A couple that stand out his title win, his match against Rhett Titus (who btw is an ROH talent), and some solid matches against Thomas "the Gate among others. BS Express not having the "look?" We have two guys who are over 6 feet tall and over 200 pounds. Lets see both amature wrestlers so looks like they have a "look." And Murdoch not being exciting? Have you seen any Murdoch matches? The guy can do a running shooting star press?! The kid is light on his feet for that size.

Ive got balls of steel!

Offline drkdemon8813

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »
Thank You King Duke thats exaxtly wat i was pointing out. All of these students have great talent and can entertain the fans. I don't know what Hothead was talking about when he said Murdoch was boring to watch. Not only does he do the running shooting star press like u mentioned king duke he does that awesome looking elbow drop, the springboard moonsault out of the corner. Also if you remember king duke he did that moonsault off the apron to the outside to Vicious Vin and the BS Express and that was awesome as well. You also can't forget that strong ass lariat he does as well. In my opinion Murdoch is a great addition to the ACE locker room. As is BS Express and Killa S. Gio, thomas, and steve are great athletes as well. I don't know what you look for hothead but the talent those students have is plenty enough for me.

Offline unioncitycrew

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 11:17:07 PM »
I actually like most of the students from the same class. They all got talent or they wouldnt be in ACE at all. I just feel like some get too many matches while others just dont. Maybe its how much you kiss ass like it is at every other job? Life just sucks.
"Mr. Hot Topic" :)

Offline Uncle Meat

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 11:51:58 PM »
Maybe it's how much you kiss ass?  Are you fucking kidding me?  Let me give you an example here (though it's different sports, it gets the point across).

You've played professional baseball.  You still do play professional baseball.  Do you just show up at the stadium right before game time and expect to be put in when you haven't been there for any practice or training, etc?  I didn't think so.

Next point, you could be the most gifted athlete in the world.  You're put in a match and you stink up the joint.  OK.  Maybe that was just a bad night.  So you get another match and the result isn't much better.  Do you think that you're going to keep getting matches?  I didn't think so.

Oh, and before you ask, I've been in this business, so I know what I'm talking about.

You show up, you train, you pay your damn dues, you don't treat it like a joke.  As my old trainers used to say, "PAY ATTENTION!!!  YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING."  You show that if they actually allow you to get in the ring, you're not only going to entertain (or at least attempt to, some things can't be saved), but you're going to be safe and keep the person your working with safe as well.  Now, I can't speak on behalf of Steve Scott to know whether these things are true, but in my experience, these are reasons why people wouldn't be on a show.

Bottom line is, this IS a business.  If Mr. Morgan doesn't want Steve Scott (or whoever else) in his ring working, there's a reason for it.  It's not other people politicking or kissing ass.  Kissing ass will only get you so far.  You can kiss all the ass you want, but then when you're in the position and you don't perform up to the potential that you have (or sold people that you have), then your ass will be right back at the end of the line.

Offline unioncitycrew

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 08:55:30 AM »
Uncle Meat,
                   I think you need to start kissing more ass to get ahead in this life and get those frustrations out of you.

Obviously you dont know how to kiss ass or you would have been in that ring more often. I know you need to train and all, but thats not EVERYTHING. If you say it is, you are full of shit!

BTW, So you are saying Steve Scott is not talented enough and would injur another wrestler, thats why he isnt on shows!? ARE U CRAZY!

Offline butterzMcVader

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 10:07:47 AM »
look
wrestling iz a two way street. steve scott acts like he don't want two be there.
all these guys ya talking about r still new and still only work ace.
give'em time. somepeople can step it p and some just need more time.

Offline Hothead618

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »
Uncle Meat is obviously someone on the ACE roster whether it's a wrestler, commentator, announcer, or Mike Morgan himself. He knows too much to just be a fan.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 04:27:07 PM by Hothead618 »

Offline butterzMcVader

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 04:53:08 PM »
people know who they wanna see
and sumpeople jus don't get it

Offline xrally

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 10:26:12 PM »
Hey I like ACE in general , Steve seems like a good person, and what I have seen him do in the ring has been entertaining to me at  least.  Besides us fans gotta stick to the facts that we know to be facts.  Back to the show I think this Saturday will be off the hook leading to the ACE supershow.  Can't wait, there seems to be a lot of tension in ACE and it may erupt Saturday. 

Offline InsaneDragon2414

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 10:35:12 PM »
this sat show sounds like a good show

Offline TastesLikeBacon

• "Something Wicked, This Way Comes..."
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 10:53:09 PM »
Uncle Meat is obviously someone on the ACE roster whether it's a wrestler, commentator, announcer, or Mike Morgan himself. He knows too much to just be a fan.

who says the person has be on the ACE roster.. the comment said they're in the business.. and? i think you're another one posting dumb shit just to up your counts...

... Morgan would never hide behind a fake user name, thats just stupid.
I am the Bullsh*t Police.. act up, and you will be called out.

Offline Hothead618

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2008, 01:18:57 AM »

who says the person has be on the ACE roster.. the comment said they're in the business.. and? i think you're another one posting dumb shit just to up your counts...

... Morgan would never hide behind a fake user name, thats just stupid.

lmao, who cares about post count anyway? you would have to live a sad life to worry about if my post count was 12 or 1200. I never said it was definitely Morgan, it's  most likely just another wrestler on the ACE rsoter. This person is clearly part of the ACE roster because to my knowledge that' all 2 hott has wrestled for and Uncle Meat seems to know a real lot about why 2 hott is the Stevie Richards of ACE.

I am an ACE fan and I am here to post on the ACE message board not spam or talk all about steve scott even though i have become a fan of his as of late.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 01:22:15 AM by Hothead618 »

Offline unioncitycrew

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2008, 08:45:58 AM »
Hothead,
                1st off you would be surprised at how some ppl are when it comes to these boards and having their posts keep rising in numbers every single fn day! Those are the ppl that need to get a life.

About Steve Scott, I think he is a great guy and a good talent as well. Maybe its because of him being so goofy in the ring that they dont take him seriously? Hopefully he gets his chance to sign. I actually havent seen him at the last 2 shows I attended and know he works at a job outside of wrestling.

Offline butterzMcVader

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2008, 10:23:13 AM »
mayb 2 hott iz just float'n around.
wrestlers go threw a phase when there like....y do i wrestle.
and mayb dats wha 2 hott iz go'n threw
hey shit look at black zemis......he's been look'n good.
not take'n nut'n from zemis, but got 2 give it 2 him he has been look'n good
time people. dats all these guys neeed